Best Crypto Wallets: Top 10 Bitcoin Wallet Apps for 2022admin
So, what are the best Bitcoin wallets out there?
There are many Bitcoin wallets available that follow the features above. Make sure to read reviews and check which one is more adequate to your needs and interests.
When we talk about the best free crypto wallets, Tezro tops the list. This cutting-edge multi-currency solution employs high-tech security tools that ensures your digital assets are safe hackers and other malicious parties.
All wallets within Tezro are non-custodial, which means users own the cryptocurrencies in their wallets, and there are no intermediaries. You can, therefore, store your digital assets In Tezro free of charge!
Being a multi-currency crypto wallet, Tezro eliminates the need for having multiple wallets for different cryptocurrencies. With Tezro, you can store all your digital assets for as long as you want, and trade them within the platform. From high security and user anonymity, to transparency and best user experience, this wallet has everything you are looking for in the best crypto wallet. What’s more, it is compatible with all major operating systems, and has dedicated apps for Android and iOS.
Find out all the features Tezro has to offer here.
- Easy to use
- Multi-currency platform
- High-level security features
- Supports two-factor authentication and Multi-sig
- Has trading tools and features
Mycelium is one of the best cryptocurrency wallets for iOS and Android devices. Even though its interface might be intimidating to novices in the crypto world, it works great for enthusiasts who crave for advanced features such as offline storage and QR code payments.
This wallet comes with a wide range of integrations, including Glidera exchange API and secure online accounts that work well with hardware wallets.
Mycelium does everything you need in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, including sending and receiving Ethereum, BTC, and other digital currencies with your smartphone or any other compatible mobile device. This wallet has dedicated android and iOS apps that are free to install, though you may run into fees from the exchanges you decide to use with your wallet.
- You can download Mycelium and start using it for free
- Has advanced security features
- Provides offline storage
- Can be used to make transfers, payments, and exchange cryptos
- Using this wallet can be overwhelming for new entrants into the crypto market.
We cannot talk about top crypto wallets and fail to mention exodus. It is a software wallet that can be used on PC as well as mobile devices. It includes an intuitive user interface that puts a plethora of investor-centric tools under your control.
It’s worth noting that Exodus is a desktop-first wallet which turns your cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Bitcoin, and more into a simple portfolio of charts and graphs.
Through this wallet, you can store or exchange over 125 digital assets conveniently through a few clicks. It provides users with private keys and other useful security tools that guarantee the safety of their assets.
When using this wallet, don’t forget that your private key is stored in your computer. Therefore, don’t forget to back it up so that you can easily retrieve it in case anything happens to the computer.
To find other cryptocurrencies that are more anonymous than Bitcoin check out this list.
- Exodus can be integrated with Trezor.
- High-quality, easy-to-use user interface.
- A desktop-first application that supports more than 125 digital assets.
- Doesn’t support two-factor authentication.
BitFinex is renowned as a trading platform that allow users to easily exchange Ethereum, Litecoin, Bitcoin, EOS, and other cryptocurrencies. Users can also access peer-to-peer funding market using this platform.
It is also one of the most secure and effective wallets that can be used to store multiple assets. Through its website, user’s access advanced chart tools that allow them to visualize their assets with ease.
- Can be accessed from IOS and Android devices.
- Offers a myriad of tools that make trading easy.
- Can be integrated with a wide range of products and platforms.
- Has comprehensive reports that help users measure their trading performance.
- Has a demanding verification process.
- Was hacked in 2016 and has lost volume since then.
Electrum is not just one of the original Bitcoin wallets, but it is also one of the top crypto wallets in the market. It is a tested and proven wallet that has been around since 2011.
While this wallet is bare bones in terms of its commitment to only BTC and its rather complex user interface, it scores highly in its primary function. It’s worth mentioning that using this wallet might be overwhelming for new Bitcoin investors, since it has complex options that are only suitable for advanced users.
This wallet is open source, and permits users to set custom fees. Additionally, users can choose between Segwit and Legacy Bitcoin, and can choose the level of security they want to use. For instance, you can create two standard wallets, with one supporting two-factor authentication, and one that supports multi-signature (multi-sig).
- More advanced security features than most hot wallets
- Ability to customize transaction fees
- Users can customize seed phrase
- Only perfect for advanced users
- It’s not a multi-currency wallet. It only works with Bitcoin
6. Trezor Model T
Trezor is undoubtedly one of the best hardware wallets available. The Model T is a second generation hardware wallet that comes with a wide range of advanced features. Apart from being highly secure, it gives users the ability to access third-party exchanges such as Shapeshift and Changely directly in its intuitive interface.
Trezor Model T uses touch screen technology, which makes it highly beginner-friendly. Additionally, it has a MicroSD card slot, which allow users to use MicroSD cards to encrypt their pins and protect their devices from unexpected attacks.
This wallet comes with USB Type-Cable that you can use to connect to your computer or mobile device. Currently, Trezor Model T supports over 1,600 cryptocurrencies, and this makes it one of the best crypto hardware wallets.
- A huge list of supported cryptocurrencies.
- Has an open-source software with added benefit of community and customer support.
- Has a web-based UI with built-in exchanges.
- Its touchscreen is too small for typing.
- Comes with a hefty price tag ($193).
7. Ledger Nano X
Ledger Nano X is Ledger’s 2nd generation hardware wallet. Launched in 2014, it is one of the oldest hardware wallets that has dominated the market for years. This device is designed like a USB drive and connects to devices via Bluetooth or USB.
You can connect this wallet to your Android or iOS device without the need for a computer. Currently, it supports 1,500 cryptocurrencies and the list keeps growing every year. Ledger Nano X is, without a doubt, one of the best crypto wallets available.
Ledger Nano X is a cold storage device, but it is connected to the Ledger Live Software. This is a software that provides an intuitive user interface for all your digital assets holdings. It gives you the ability to add multiple wallets for different cryptocurrencies and manage your portfolio. It comes with a USB type-C cable which makes it easier to connect to all modern smartphones and desktop computers.
- Stores up to 100 apps
- Connected to Ledger Live which has an intuitive, beginner-friendly interface
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity
- Has an open-source software
- Supports thousands of cryptocurrencies, and new ones are added every year
- Has a limited wallet storage
- Experts say Bluetooth connectivity could be a potential vector for cyber-attack. However, USB connectivity is an option.
8. Ledger Nano S
One of the most secure crypto wallets we cannot forget to mention is Ledger Nano S. It is one of the oldest hardware wallets in the market, and one that continuous to grow in popularity.
Just like Trezor Model T, Ledger Nano S supports thousands of cryptocurrencies, and this makes it a highly sought-after hardware wallet. One of the drawbacks of this wallet is that it doesn’t come with a USB type-C; thus users with modern smartphones have trouble connecting it to their devices.
There is no huge difference between the Nano S and its successor Nano X. they both have access to Ledger Live Software, and support the same number of cryptocurrencies. The difference is that unlike Nano X, Nano S doesn’t support Bluetooth connectivity. Additionally, Nano S stores up to 18 wallets while Nano X stores 100 wallets.
The Nano S contains enough storage to make a wallets for a limited number of cryptos at a time. Therefore, if you reach the maximum number of wallets and you need to create a new one, you have to delete a wallet to create some space. The good news is, assets in the deleted wallet are not lost since cryptos are stored directly on the blockchain. You can access assets in the deleted wallet in Ledger Live.
- It’s a secure hardware storage with a low price tag (it costs $59).
- It is an open-source software with the added benefit of community and customer support.
- Has access to Ledger Live.
- Supports thousands of cryptocurrencies.
- Doesn’t support Bluetooth connectivity.
- Has a maximum storage of 18 wallets.
Coinbase is a wallet that allow users to easily and securely access their digital assets anytime, anywhere. This wallet sees crypto as the future of money and as a major catalyst for developing an open financial system around the globe.
Today, Coinbase boasts of over 35 million users in more than 100 countries. Users trust it as a wallet where they can securely store their assets, and as an exchange where they can trade them.
- Has an intuitive user interface that is beginner-friendly
- Can be used as a wallet and an exchange
- Supports a multitude of cryptocurrencies
- Users can set market and limit orders
- Highly secure
- Even though its beginner friendly, some users may find it complicated
eToro is one of the best mobile crypto wallets that provides stocks, Forex, Commodities, CFDs, Indices, Exchange-traded funds, Index-based funds, and more.
Apart from allowing users to securely and conveniently store their assets, this wallet also allows them to buy and sell cryptocurrencies. It supports a wide range of crypto assets, and is compatible with all Android and iOS devices.
- Highly beginner friendly.
- Supports many cryptocurrencies.
- Crypto trading services available.
- First-time deposit is quite high.
- Has a slow verification process.