Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak: ‘I Think Bitcoin is Going to $100K’admin
Recently, Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak (aka “Woz”), shared his latest thoughts on crypto.
Wozniak is “an American electronics engineer, computer programmer, philanthropist, and technology entrepreneur.” In April1976, along with Steve Jobs and Ronald Wayne, he co-founded Apple Inc., which “later became the world’s largest information technology company by revenue and the largest company in the world by market capitalization.” As a result of his work at Apple in the 70s and 80s, he is “widely recognized as one of the prominent pioneers of the personal-computer revolution.”
This is what Wozniak said about Bitcoin during an interview with CNBC that aired on 4 June 2018:
“I buy into what Jack Dorsey says, not that I necessarily believe it’s going to happen, but because I want it to be that way, that is so pure thinking...
“Bitcoin is mathematically defined, there is a certain quantity of bitcoin, there’s a way it’s distributed… and it’s pure and there’s no human running, there’s no company running and it’s just… growing and growing… and surviving, that to me says something that is natural and nature is more important than all our human conventions.“
Well, on March 3, Wozniak was interviewed on episode #96 of “Steve-O’s Wild Ride!” podcast.
Here are some highlights of what Wozniak said about crypto during this interview:
- Some countries have even disallowed crypto and blockchain technologies… I think it’s being used a lot these days to rip people off. I’ll start a crypto. I’ll hire an engineer who knows how to create it and I’ll get a celebrity to back it up… and we’ll put out the Kim coin — Kim Kardashian — or something like that. That’s pretty bad example... And then the founders that started it pull off some millions of dollars right away from investors.“
- “NFTs fall into that category too. The number of people getting ripped off on crypto and NFTs is just outrageous. Now, Bitcoin is safe because it’s the big elephant on the block. It’s stable, right? Conservative thinking — you go for the big ones and they’ll be around.“
- “I bought a bunch of Bitcoin at the start to say ‘how do you play with this new thing?’… how you buy something online? And I conquered that. And how do you buy things in other countries? And how would you pay for like a donut in other country? How can you find an ATM that works on your Bitcoin? And I want to experiment and learn it all and then Bitcoin went way up. I got scared and I sold all my Bitcoin except one bitcoin.”
- “My purpose is to have enough to play with and experiment with but not to make money on and two times it’s gone way up and made money. And just recently I think Bitcoin is going to go to a hundred thousand… I don’t know where you get that feeling. I can’t put any mathematics to it. I just really feel it from all of the interest.“
- “The interest in crypto is so high. And so I put a put a bunch of money into an online wallet account at coinbase. And pretty much it’s sitting right where it was…“
The views and opinions expressed by the author, or any people mentioned in this article, are for informational purposes only, and they do not constitute financial, investment, or other advice. Investing in or trading cryptoassets comes with a risk of financial loss.
Featured Image by “Donbrandon” via Pixabay.com
Leave a Reply